Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nancy Pelosi inserts foot into mouth.

I just came across a quote from a March 9, 2010 press release from the office of Speaker Nancy Pelosi. I just had to share it with everyone.

"We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what's in it away from the fog of the controversy."

I bet she wishes she had thought that one through a little bit more. What happened to transparency in government? If she wants the fog of controversy to clear, just do your deeds on the house floor with C-Span to document it for you. Do away with the closed doors meetings that you and your fellow democrats use so much recently.

In the interest of making this a fair and balanced rant, I offer 2 counter quotes.

"Imagine, if you will, that I am an idiot.
Then, imagine that I am also a Congressman.
But, alas, I repeat myself."
-- Mark Twain

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. "
-- Will Rogers

For more information on the GOP healthcare reform bill click here.

No comments: